Thursday, June 23, 2022

R2D2, Part 13 - More Droid Lighting

 Today, I completed the task of wiring up the LEDs and installing them in their various spots on the model. A total of eight are required to do the job. 

I tested them all out by plugging them into my circuit breadboard. So far everything looks real cool.

The next step is to complete the final two parts bags of Artoo's dome, then start figuring out how I am going to design and build the electrical circuit board, switch system, and power supply.

Here are pics of the finished lower dome section. I had to raid my parts stash on several occasions to find alternate elements that provided holes to allow wiring to pass through, while maintaining the integrity of the exterior detailing.

A couple of the LED locations were quite challenging in this respect.



No comments:

Post a Comment