Monday, December 19, 2022

A Parts Windfall

I have some neighbors across the street that are big into LEGO building.  Around Christmas time they do their shopping at the LEGO store to pick up the latest in the larger, costlier sets that are out.  We're talking Star Wars and others.

They usually come away with some smaller freebie VIP sets and parts assortments.

The other day, the gentleman stopped by and presented me with a LEGO shopping bag that contained several of these freebies:

 Two 40515 "Pirates and Treasure" VIP Add On Packs

One  40513 "Spooky" VIP Add On Pack 

One 40411 "12 in 1" parts selection

One 30574 Cat

All told, I added well over six hundred new parts to my stash!

The best part of this new stash is that, between the Pirate and Spooky sets, I acquired 10 new skeleton minifigs!


I see these guys as forming the basis for a lot of new brick-built comics.

Of course, I have given them the collective name, "The DDC Skeleton Crew"....

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment