Friday, February 10, 2023

Jedi Training - "MMmmmm, Swamp Water!"

This imaginary Homer Simpson quote describes the contents of set bag #3.

Seeing as how it is entirely made up of 1x1 trans green plates and tiles, I know this part of the build will be devoted to building the Degobah swamp water surface.

After rolling up my sleeves and shooing away the 'Skeleton Crew', it was time to get to work.

Over 200 tiny green pieces later, I have a very proper swamp.

And it doesn't even stink!

I am really struck with the clever way in which the designer of this set rendered the water. The different colors of underlying plates gave the effect of varying degrees of  depth.

After plugging in the many tiny pieces, I was not satisfied with the overall progress of the build, so I broke open bag(s) #4.

Normally, when I do a large set build, I limit things to one parts bag per evening. Tonight was different.

The parts in the new bags constitute the meat and potatoes of constructing the swamp shoreline, followed by Master Yoda's dwelling and background trees.

I managed to click together about two-thirds of the bag 4 parts before realizing it was way beyond my 'lights-out' time.

The remainder will be finished this evening.

Here is the progress pic...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment