Wednesday, July 3, 2024

A New Parts Stash To Process

 Jeez, It's been a long time since I've posted here on the Double Decker Couch.

That's largely because I've been extraordinarily busy with many other things aside from LEGO building

That all changed last week, however, when I got a visit from some neighbors across the street. Their college age son, who is an avid builder of LEGO Star Wars and Technic sports/race cars decided he no longer wanted to keep a store of parts belonging to other dismantled sets.

So they asked if I would like to have them.

Of course, I said "Sure!"

After all, I can always use a few more additions for the ol' parts stash...

What I brought home was far more than a 'few additions'!!

This lot consists of seven 3x14x14 plastic boxes, and four larger plastic storage bins, all loaded to the gills with LEGO parts!

Holey Moley!  


If I were to guess, there are well over 10,000 parts in these boxes, ranging from 1x1 round tiles all the way up to large base plates, and everything in between.

A random paw-through of the boxes revealed not only standard classic elements, but a good number of more unusual parts, an abundance of minifigs, and a respectable showing of Technic pieces.

So, I suspect a goodly amount of time will be spent over the next few weeks in cleaning, counting, sorting, and re-doing my parts storage system to accommodate this massive collection.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment