Friday, July 23, 2021

Whadya Do With A Pink Frog ???


 Let alone a hunnert of 'em!


When I cut open the bag of  unused 'cherry blossom' parts from the Bonsai Tree set, I was surprised to note that a number of the elements comprising the model's detail were in the form of  pink frogs!

What can I possibly do with all these critters?

The first order of business was to consult the Wonderful World Wide Web to see if there are any pink frogs to be found in nature.

Indeed there are!

A quick online search yielded a couple right off the bat:

First is the Pink Red-Eyed Tree Frog (Agalychnis callidrus) found in Central and South America.

A second is the pink variation of  the Strawberry Poison Dart Frog (Oophaga pumillo), also found in Central America.  These little buggers are characterized by spots on the back and highly toxic skin.  They only grow in size to an average of .75" long, not much bigger than the LEGO pink frogs!

I won't post any pictures here because of possible copyright concerns, but if you wish, you can Google Image them and see for yourself.

So, back to my 100 pink frogs.

I think I will make it a challenge to find creative ways to feature them in various vignettes, photo setups, and other MOC builds.  I might even make it a habit to place one on all of my upcoming set builds and MOCs - sort of a "Where's Waldo" scenario except that it's...well..."Where's the pink frog".

Stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment