Tuesday, February 5, 2019

IDEAS NASA Apoll Saturn V - Part 1 - Introduction

This week, yours truly turns 21....
Well....OK....... for the third time in a row.
Anyway, last weekend saw the big family birthday bash at my home. 
My youngest daughter and her husband (who happens to be an AFOL as well) presented me with this:



The LEGO Ideas Apollo Saturn V set !!
Wow !  This is one that I have salivated over ever since I first saw it hit the shelves at the LEGO store.

 To date, this will be the largest set I will have assembled at nearly 2000 pieces.

Actually, One thousand, nine hundred and sixty nine parts. 

Very clever of the designers ensuring the parts count reflects the year of the Apollo 11 moon landing.

This morning, I opened the box and laid out the 12 bags of parts, and will likely start the build tonight.



This set has a special appeal to me in that I am an avid builder and flier of model rockets.  In fact, I will soon be sending off for the Estes flying Saturn V in the very near future.

It will be kind of cool to have the LEGO and Estes models displayed side by side in the workshop.

Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment