Monday, February 4, 2019

The Big Introductory Post

Greetings, fellow LEGO enthusiasts!

This is the first post of my newest blog ever.  Since the blog was just set up within the past couple of hours, there has been no work yet with adding and arranging custom features.  This will happen over the next couple of weeks.

So, let me tell you a little about myself:

First off:  I never had LEGO when I was a kid.

My involvement in the wonderful world of bricks began in 2014 at the ripe old age of 58. 
Talk about a late bloomer!

My two grandkids were, and still are, avid builders, and they are the main reason that I became involved with this activity.  This was also around the time that The LEGO Movie hit the theatres, and I became totally hooked!

Soon after, I discovered the local LEGO store and immediately set up my VIP card account. 

To add to the wonderment, I was privileged to see the exhibit of the LEGO Americana Tour at a nearby Denver shopping mall in 2015.  The detailed and massive LEGO renditions of all of the Washington D.C. landmarks and other historic buildings were absolutely astounding.  I visited the display several times and took  a lot of pictures which I will present on a later series of posts, mostly for the benefit of those of you who may have missed out on seeing that fine presentation of the Master Builders' work.

So, anyway, I began visiting the LEGO store on a regular basis, each time filling up a PAB cup, and gradually building up the brick collection.

My style of LEGO building is rather unique, in that many of my MOCs are built and photographed in 'comic book' format, often telling a continuous story.  Comic style dialogue balloons and 'motion' lines are often edited into the photos.

This is all an offshoot of my lifelong involvement with graphic arts and cartooning.  LEGO bricks easily provide another interesting medium in which to render comic strip ideas.

I also build regular sets, but most times I will embellish them with MOC additions. 

I have many of my builds posted on MOCpages, but I believe that the site is rather restrictive in that I can't really post things other than MOCs there. I believe that maintaining my own blog allows me to explore all aspects of the LEGO building world that I find of interest.

I will duplicate here on this blog the presentation of all my LEGO builds that already reside in MOCpages. so you readers can look forward to a lot of ready-made material that will rapidly begin filling this space.

It is my sincere hope that 'Tales From The Double Decker Couch' will provide you with a fun read, packed with entertaining LEGO creations and equally entertaining author's insights.

I invite you to visit often, and make this blog a regular stop on your own online LEGO journey

Keep on buildin'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment